Massive computations (MetaCentrum)
MetaCentrum s responsible for performing and coordinating large-scale distributed computing infrastructure titled the Czech National Grid Infrastructure (NGI) which is a national part of the European Grid Infrastructure (EGI). MetaCentrum environment offers interconnected computing and data resources for performing very demanding computation tasks that exceed capacities of individual workplaces in the Czech Republic.
The service is limited to the research purposes of academic staff and students of research institutions in the Czech Republic. The service is provided in a best-effort mode. Registration for service.
What we offer
- Computing and data services – classical use of grid and, in addition, also HPC cloud (including Amazon EC2 support).
- A wide range of application software from many scientific areas – coordination of software and application procurement and maintenance.
- Prioritization of resource access according to the scientific achievements.
- Czech research teams links to foreign teams, integration into the international research area (ERA) and international grid infrastructure (EGI).
- User support – e.g. resolution of individual application problems, algorithm optimization.
- Integration of current and planned computing capacity of academic and research centers in the Czech Republic.
We offer to cluster owners the following:
- Priority or even dedicated access to own machines.
- Support during selection process, installation, and operation of computing clusters including common administration of system and application software, updates etc.
- Account management, installation and operation of task management systems.
- Common operation monitoring, continuous solution of technical and organizational issues related to cluster.
- Possibility of computing environment adaptation to needs or customs of user community by virtual nodes and clusters.
The advantage of inclusion of own computing center into MetaCentrum vests in the potential of using other connected machines in case of own cluster problems.
Links to other services
How to start using the service
For using the service it is needed to get an account.
Contact a further information
Last change: 12.6.2013