The service involves operation and development of data storage national infrastructure for science and research. The infrastructure is under development, the total storage capacity by end-2013 will exceed 16 PB.
The storage service can be used for research purposes, mainly by academic staff and students of research institutions in the Czech Republic. The service is provided in a best-effort mode. Users have to abide the conditions of service use.
What we offer
- Environment for backup – for users who want to secure their data in case of their own storage breakdown.
- Environment for archiving – for storing volumes of data that are not accessed very often.
- Environment for data sharing – for sharing data among distributed user groups.
- Data storage for special applications.
- Data access using file protocols (e.g. NFSv4, FTP, rsync, SCP), grid storage element, and in special cases also block access.
- FileSender – service for (large) file exchange.
- ownCloud – user data storage, synchronisation and sharing.
- The storage is fully integrated into user accounting system within the e-infrastructure – user accounts are managed together with MetaCentrum and collaboration environment.
- The storage facilities are located in Pilsen, Jihlava (2013) and Brno (2013)
- The storage is hierarchical – comprising disk arrays of various speed and capacity, MAID (switchable disks), and tape libraries, as well as necessary software for moving less used data to the tier with more economic operation.
- The storage is constructed with regards to high data redundancy and security.
- The storage is accessible from any place over the network as well as directly from MetaCentrum.
How to start using the service
- Individual users with no special requirements concerning data volume, data transmission rate etc. may simply register.
- Other users with further needs or representing user group or institution should contact us at the e-mail address stated below.
We are capable of providing interesting data space for which it is necessary to understand user needs in order to recommend suitable technical solution.
http://du.cesnet.cz – detailed user documentation, manuals
Last change: 20.2.2015